Involvement from the field plays a critical role in the success of the Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC). Periodically, we recruit individuals with spinal cord injury and their family members to participate in MSKTC activities. Here is a listing of our current recruitment initiatives:
Recruiting Registered Nurses of Individuals with SCI, TBI, and/or Burn Injury
MSKTC is conducting interviews with registered nurses (RNs) who provide care and services to individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI), traumatic brain injury (TBI), and/or burn injury. Answers from the interviews will be used for research purposes to better understand (a) the health information needs of RNs who provide care and services for such injuries and (b) their participation in research studies. To be eligible to participate, RNs must meet the following criteria:
- Must have provided services and care to patients with SCI, TBI, and/or burn injury in post-acute rehabilitation settings in the past 5 years
- Must have 5 or more years of experience treating these injuries
Interviews will last approximately 60 minutes. Participants will receive $125 for their time.
Contact: If you’re interested in participating, please contact MSKTC: 202-403-5600 or email@example.com.
Volunteers Needed for an Online Psychological Health Promotion Study for Women with SCI
The research study will test “ZEST,” a group program for women with SCI to be held in Second Life®, an online virtual world.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a woman at least 18 years of age
- Have had a traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Have had your injury for at least 1 year
- Have access to a computer with high speed Internet
- Are able to use a computer and communicate in online group
- conversations in English
Eligible women will be randomized (like flipping a coin) to either the intervention group or a control group. Those in the intervention group will participate in a 10-session weekly program. Both groups will complete questionnaires on three occasions. A small payment is offered for participation.
Enrolling through August 2020
by phone: 713-797-7570
by email: Zest@memorialhermann.org