Involvement from the field plays a critical role in the success of the Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC). Periodically, we recruit individuals with spinal cord injury and their family members to participate in MSKTC activities. Here is a listing of our current recruitment initiatives:
Recruit Occupational Therapy Professors/Instructors to Review a Knowledge Translation Course
The Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC) is recruiting occupational therapy (OT) professors/instructors to provide feedback on a new knowledge translation (KT) course for OT students. Review of the online training will take approximately 45-60 minutes. Reviewers will receive a $100 gift card for their time. To be eligible, professors/instructors:
- Must be currently teaching or have taught an OT-related course at an accredited undergraduate or graduate OT program within the past two years.
- Must be interested in KT and applying KT in OT teaching and clinical practice.
If interested, please call 202-403- 5600 or email email@example.com to register.
Volunteers Needed for an Online Psychological Health Promotion Study for Women with SCI
The research study will test “ZEST,” a group program for women with SCI to be held in Second Life®, an online virtual world.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a woman at least 18 years of age
- Have had a traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Have had your injury for at least 1 year
- Have access to a computer with high speed Internet
- Are able to use a computer and communicate in online group
- conversations in English
Eligible women will be randomized (like flipping a coin) to either the intervention group or a control group. Those in the intervention group will participate in a 10-session weekly program. Both groups will complete questionnaires on three occasions. A small payment is offered for participation.
Enrolling through August 2020
by phone: 713-797-7570
by email: Zest@memorialhermann.org